What does the word batonnage bring to your mind?
Batonnage: is the process in which we stir the must or wine lees so that they are suspended in the liquid.
When it is done:
- Before fermentation, on the fine lees during cooling.
- During fermentation.
- After fermentation, on the lees of the wine.
- During maturation (élevage sur lies).
What does it help us with?
- Prevention of reductive odors during and after fermentation.
- Acquisition of aromatic and taste complexity, thanks to the substances that come from the “residues of fermentation” enriching the must and the wine.
Τhe results soon in your glasses..!